- Q. - The 2017 International Shivratri Festival has started in which state?
Description Of This Question
The International Shivaratri festival has started in Mandi village, Himachal Pradesh from February 24, 2017. It is held as per Hindu calendar every year on the Krishna paksha 13th day/13th night (breaking fast/’vrata’ on 14th after sunrise) of the waning moon in the month of Phalguna that corresponds to February/March as per Gregorian calendar. The festival’s popularity is widespread and hence is known as an international festival. In view of the large number of gods and goddesses that are invited to the festival from its 81 temples, Mandi town has the title of ‘Varanasi of the Hills’. The celebration includes maintaining a “jaagaran”, an all-night vigil and prayers, because Shaiva Hindus mark this night as “overcoming darkness and ignorance” in one’s life and the world through Shiva.
Related Topics & Questions:
- India has recently signed MoU with which country for technical cooperation in rail sector especially on safety related subjects?
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has constituted a Committee to study and identify key data protection issues and recommend methods for addressing them. Who will head this committee?
- Who will lead the Indian delegation to the 2017 G20 Labour & Employment Ministers’ Meet?
- Which day is celebrated on 8th October Every year across the nation?
- Which state to host National Biodiversity Congress (NBC) 2017?