- Q. - Which committee has submitted report on promoting digital payments to the Union Government?
Description Of This Question
The Ratan Watal committee has recently submitted report on promoting digital payments to the Union Government. The committee has suggested a separate regulator to deal with issues concerning payment, among others. The report suggested a host of fiscal incentives to promote digital transactions. It suggested withdrawal of all charges levied by government departments and utilities on digital payments and making it mandatory for government departments and agencies to provide option to consumers to pay digitally. The report also suggested putting a special emphasis on digital payments for recurring low value transactions and reducing custom duties on payments acceptance equipment. The committee has also suggested instituting awards to promote digital transaction.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which international organisation has observed the 2017 World Day on Safety and Health at Work?
- What is the theme of the 2017 World Autism Awareness Day (WAAD)?
- Kristin Davis has been appointed the new UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador. She hails from which country?
- At which place in India, The first diesel-electric locomotive built by US conglomerate General Electric has arrived?
- Which state government has launched India’s first post office passport service center?