- Q. - Which committee has submitted report on promoting digital payments to the Union Government?
Description Of This Question
The Ratan Watal committee has recently submitted report on promoting digital payments to the Union Government. The committee has suggested a separate regulator to deal with issues concerning payment, among others. The report suggested a host of fiscal incentives to promote digital transactions. It suggested withdrawal of all charges levied by government departments and utilities on digital payments and making it mandatory for government departments and agencies to provide option to consumers to pay digitally. The report also suggested putting a special emphasis on digital payments for recurring low value transactions and reducing custom duties on payments acceptance equipment. The committee has also suggested instituting awards to promote digital transaction.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a website to honour gallantry award winners. Which is the highest peace time gallantry award?
- With which country Union Health Ministry collaborated to launch the national human milk bank called ‘Vatsalya – Maatri Amrit Kosh’ in New Delhi?
- Which of the following metal’s use in firecrackers has not been banned by the Supreme Court?
- What is the theme of 2017 World Environment Day (WED)?
- Manappuram Finance launched its own co-branded prepaid card in tie-up with