- Q. - Which committee has submitted report on promoting digital payments to the Union Government?
Description Of This Question
The Ratan Watal committee has recently submitted report on promoting digital payments to the Union Government. The committee has suggested a separate regulator to deal with issues concerning payment, among others. The report suggested a host of fiscal incentives to promote digital transactions. It suggested withdrawal of all charges levied by government departments and utilities on digital payments and making it mandatory for government departments and agencies to provide option to consumers to pay digitally. The report also suggested putting a special emphasis on digital payments for recurring low value transactions and reducing custom duties on payments acceptance equipment. The committee has also suggested instituting awards to promote digital transaction.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who became the first athlete ever to win 10 consecutive global track distance titles?
- The Kaundinya Wildlife Sanctuary (KWLS) is located in which state?
- What is the theme of the 2017 World Heritage Day (WHD)?
- Allan Holdsworth, the renowned guitarist and composer passed away. He hailed from which country?
- How much penalty will be imposed on banks if they refuse to exchange soiled or scribed currency notes from people, according to Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?