- Q. - How much loan amount has been approved by the World Bank for rural road projects in Bihar?
Description Of This Question
The World Bank (WB) has recently approved a $235 million credit for the Bihar Rural Roads Project to improve and effectively manage rural road network of the state. The project will support the construction of about 2,500 km of rural roads under the Mukhiya Mantri Gram Sampark Yojana (MMGSY). The roads will be constructed using cost-effective designs and will incorporate engineering measures that ensure road safety. The project will also suggest better contract management practices to avoid time and cost over-runs. The credit is from the International Development Association (IDA) – the World Bank’s concessionary lending arm – with a maturity of 25 years, including a 5-year grace period.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who is author of the book “A Great Reckoning – A Chief Inspector Gamache Thriller”?
- In which city the India Club on August 13, 2017 hosted the India Day to mark India’s Independence Day?
- Who has been appointed as the new Ambassador of India to the Republic of Kazakhstan?
- Rene Preval, who passed away recently, was the former President of which country?
- Who has recently taken charge as new Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?