- Q. - How much loan amount has been approved by the World Bank for rural road projects in Bihar?
Description Of This Question
The World Bank (WB) has recently approved a $235 million credit for the Bihar Rural Roads Project to improve and effectively manage rural road network of the state. The project will support the construction of about 2,500 km of rural roads under the Mukhiya Mantri Gram Sampark Yojana (MMGSY). The roads will be constructed using cost-effective designs and will incorporate engineering measures that ensure road safety. The project will also suggest better contract management practices to avoid time and cost over-runs. The credit is from the International Development Association (IDA) – the World Bank’s concessionary lending arm – with a maturity of 25 years, including a 5-year grace period.
Related Topics & Questions:
- India’s first solar-powered 1600 HP DEMU train has launched from which railway station?
- How many world-class universities will be set up in the country by the Union Government?
- Name the lead vocalist of Linkin Park who passed away recently at the age of 41.
- Airports Authority of India flagged Ambulance service with Advanced Life Support Systems (ALS) in which Indian state?
- Who has been appointed as the new Defense Minister of India?