- Q. - How much loan amount has been approved by the World Bank for rural road projects in Bihar?
Description Of This Question
The World Bank (WB) has recently approved a $235 million credit for the Bihar Rural Roads Project to improve and effectively manage rural road network of the state. The project will support the construction of about 2,500 km of rural roads under the Mukhiya Mantri Gram Sampark Yojana (MMGSY). The roads will be constructed using cost-effective designs and will incorporate engineering measures that ensure road safety. The project will also suggest better contract management practices to avoid time and cost over-runs. The credit is from the International Development Association (IDA) – the World Bank’s concessionary lending arm – with a maturity of 25 years, including a 5-year grace period.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who has won the 2016 World Blitz Chess Championship?
- The 2017 Agriculture Science Fair (ASF) was held in which city?
- Within how many days the concerned Ministries have to decide on FDI proposals, according to an office memorandum of Union Finance Ministry?
- India will provide how much amount to Bangladesh under new “Muktijodha scholarship” scheme?
- Who has become the first Indian to win gold at the 2017 Asian Wrestling Championship?