- Q. - India’s first caterpillar train will be set up by which state government of India?
Description Of This Question
The Haryana Government will set up a pilot corridor for an innovative concept of ‘Caterpillar Train (or C-Train)’ that will fly over city’s traffic, in Gurgaon city. The C-train includes a citywide network of lightweight, elevated train coaches running at about 100 kmph on a track supported by poles bent into arches. The cost is about $3 million for a pilot system and approx $20 million for full-fledged automated system.The concept of C-Train was co-developed by an Indian Railways engineer Ashwani Kumar Upadhyaya along with Emil Jacob for which they won a global award at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the United States in 2016 for this innovative idea.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Allan Holdsworth, the renowned guitarist and composer passed away. He hailed from which country?
- Which Mission has been initiated for the first time by Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation to work for Sanitation and Hygiene challenges?
- The Union Cabinet has approved how much percentage of Central Road Fund (CRF) for development and maintenance of National Waterways (NWs)?
- The Union Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) has launched which app for dissemination of earthquake parameters?
- Which multilateral financial institution has committed US $10 billion for supporting the infrastructural needs of less-developed States in India?