- Q. - India’s first caterpillar train will be set up by which state government of India?
Description Of This Question
The Haryana Government will set up a pilot corridor for an innovative concept of ‘Caterpillar Train (or C-Train)’ that will fly over city’s traffic, in Gurgaon city. The C-train includes a citywide network of lightweight, elevated train coaches running at about 100 kmph on a track supported by poles bent into arches. The cost is about $3 million for a pilot system and approx $20 million for full-fledged automated system.The concept of C-Train was co-developed by an Indian Railways engineer Ashwani Kumar Upadhyaya along with Emil Jacob for which they won a global award at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the United States in 2016 for this innovative idea.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The Kaundinya Wildlife Sanctuary (KWLS) is located in which state?
- Who has clinched the 2017 Women’s singles India Super Series tournament?
- What campaign has India started to help Bangladesh to deal with the problem of transplant Rohingya refugees?
- The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) raising day is celebrated on which date?
- The International Buddhist conference on “Buddhism in 2lst Century” has started in which state?