- Q. - India’s first caterpillar train will be set up by which state government of India?
Description Of This Question
The Haryana Government will set up a pilot corridor for an innovative concept of ‘Caterpillar Train (or C-Train)’ that will fly over city’s traffic, in Gurgaon city. The C-train includes a citywide network of lightweight, elevated train coaches running at about 100 kmph on a track supported by poles bent into arches. The cost is about $3 million for a pilot system and approx $20 million for full-fledged automated system.The concept of C-Train was co-developed by an Indian Railways engineer Ashwani Kumar Upadhyaya along with Emil Jacob for which they won a global award at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the United States in 2016 for this innovative idea.
Related Topics & Questions:
- A set of four rare stamps, featuring the portrait of Mahatma Gandhi was auctioned in UK at highest price ever paid for Indian stamps. These stamps were sold at what price?
- Which Indian personality has been named in the Forbes’s 2017 Global Game Changers list?
- Dasari Narayana Rao, who passed away recently, was the famous personality in which field?
- The Chitwan National Park is located in which country?
- Who will be the Pakistan’s new High Commissioner to India?