- Q. - India’s first caterpillar train will be set up by which state government of India?
Description Of This Question
The Haryana Government will set up a pilot corridor for an innovative concept of ‘Caterpillar Train (or C-Train)’ that will fly over city’s traffic, in Gurgaon city. The C-train includes a citywide network of lightweight, elevated train coaches running at about 100 kmph on a track supported by poles bent into arches. The cost is about $3 million for a pilot system and approx $20 million for full-fledged automated system.The concept of C-Train was co-developed by an Indian Railways engineer Ashwani Kumar Upadhyaya along with Emil Jacob for which they won a global award at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the United States in 2016 for this innovative idea.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which of the following acts will be repealed by State Banks (Repeal and Amendment) Bill, 2017?
I. SBI (Subsidiary Banks) Act 1959
II. State Bank of Hyderabad Act 1956
III. State Bank of India Act, 1955
- The new Index of Industrial Production (IIP) series for India will be calculated on which base year?
- The book “Contemporary West Asia – Perspectives on Change and Continuity” has been authored by whom?
- What is the India’s GDP growth forecast for 2017, as per recently revised UN “World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP) as of mid-2017” report?
- According to Amnesty International, which country has topped the list of execution (put people to death)?