- Q. - Which of the following is the world’s largest street light replacement programme of India?
Description Of This Question
The Union Power Minister, Piyush Goyal has recently dedicated the Street Lighting National Programme (SLNP) to the nation at South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) area in New Delhi on January 9, 2017. Beside this, Goyal has also launched a mobile app “Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) Complaint App” for SDMC, wherein users can now lodge complaints about faulty street lights. The SLNP is the world’s largest street light replacement programme, which is being implemented by the Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), a joint venture under the Ministry of Power, Government of India. Presently, the SLNP programme is running in more than 14 states. A total of 15.36 lakh street lights have already been replaced in the country with LED bulbs. This programme save energy of over 20 crore kWh, avoiding capacity of nearly 51 MW and reducing around 1.7 lakh tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions per annum.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which boxer won the WBO Asia Pacific and Oriental titles?
- With which country India has signed an agreement to establish regular Foreign Office-level consultations?
- India will be jointly issuing postage stamps with Diwali as theme with which nation?
- The book “The Untold Vajpayee: Politician and Paradox” has been authored by whom?
- At which place new dry port has been developed to cater effective logistics services to the industries in Vidarbha region?