- Q. - “BHIM” mobile app has been launched by Union Government to make digital payments easier. What does “BHIM” stands for?
Description Of This Question
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has recently launched an Aadhaar-based mobile app “Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM)” to promote easier digital payments and transactions at Digi Dhan Mela at talkatora stadium in New Delhi. The Bhim app is named after Dr B R Ambedkar and will empower small traders, tribals and farmers. The app is inter-operable with Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and it connects directly to your bank account. The application is developed by the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI). The application allows users to check the bank balance directly from the app. There is a limit of Rs 10,000 per transaction and a 24-hour limit of Rs 20,000.
Related Topics & Questions:
- BCAS has recently suspended the licence of budget carrier IndiGo’s aviation security training facility. What does BCAS stands for?
- Which Indian table tennis player has won the 2017 Men’s singles ITTF Challenge Seamaster Chile Open tournament?
- Which country is the third largest exporter of beef in the world, according to OECD-FAO Agricultural Outlook 2017-26?
- Who has been honoured with the Life Time Achievement (LTA) award at the 2017 Jaipur International Film Festival (JIFF)?
- Which state to host National Biodiversity Congress (NBC) 2017?