- Q. - Which date is observed as International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict?
Description Of This Question
International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict is observed on November 6, 2016 to educate people about the damaging effects of war and armed conflict on the environment. The UN General Assembly declared November 6 of each year as the International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict On November 5, 2001. This year, all 193 Member States of the UN Environment Assembly adopted a resolution committing States to the protection of the environment in areas affected by armed conflict To achieve the vision of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development of peace, prosperity and dignity for all on a healthy planet.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Name the languages that have been stated as classical languages of India ?
- President Pranab Mukherjee is on a three-day state visit to which country from November 2 to 4, 2016?
- Which country has successfully launched a spacecraft carrying two astronauts, in its longest-ever manned space mission?
- The Indian Space Research Organsiation (ISRO) started conducting the test for its second moon mission. What is the name of this moon mission?
- Eminent American theatre – film director has passed away in Los Angeles at the age of 65. Who is he?