- Q. - Which date is observed as International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict?
Description Of This Question
International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict is observed on November 6, 2016 to educate people about the damaging effects of war and armed conflict on the environment. The UN General Assembly declared November 6 of each year as the International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict On November 5, 2001. This year, all 193 Member States of the UN Environment Assembly adopted a resolution committing States to the protection of the environment in areas affected by armed conflict To achieve the vision of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development of peace, prosperity and dignity for all on a healthy planet.
Related Topics & Questions:
- इसरो (ISRO) का मुख्य कार्यालय कहाँ पर स्थित है?
- Which country has once again blocked India’s effort to join NSG in a meeting in Seoul on November 4 2016?
- What is the full form of KVP ?
- Who has been appointed as new chief executive officer of Aditya Birla food and grocery retail?
- Which state has launched a website to provide information on the Celebration of 350th Prakash Utsav of the Sikh Guru in 2017?