- Q. - Which component is present in the Psyche, the largest metallic asteroid in our solar system proposed by NASA?
Description Of This Question
Scientists have indicated the presence of water on Psyche, the largest metallic asteroid in our solar system and the target of a proposed NASAmission. Previous observations of Psychehad shown no evidence of water-rich minerals on its surface. However, new observations from the NASA Infrared Telescope Facility in Hawaii show evidence of water or hydroxyl on its surface. Psyche is a proposed orbiter mission concept to explore the origin of planetary cores by studying the metallic asteroid 16 Psyche. This asteroid may be the exposed iron core of a protoplanet, likely the remnant of a violent collision with another object that stripped off the outer crust.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared an international public health emergency over the explosive spread of the mosquito – borne virus, what is the name of virus ?
- CEO of IMF ?
- What is the name of Oscar Winning US Actress who passed away recently ?
- How many Indian-Americans are among the 400 richest people in the US, according to a Forbes list?
- HL Samariya, a 1985 batch IAS officer from the ______cadre, has been given additional charge as Central Provident Fund Commissioner (CPFC), for three months or till the appointment of a regular incumbent or till further orders, recently ?