- Q. - Which component is present in the Psyche, the largest metallic asteroid in our solar system proposed by NASA?
Description Of This Question
Scientists have indicated the presence of water on Psyche, the largest metallic asteroid in our solar system and the target of a proposed NASAmission. Previous observations of Psychehad shown no evidence of water-rich minerals on its surface. However, new observations from the NASA Infrared Telescope Facility in Hawaii show evidence of water or hydroxyl on its surface. Psyche is a proposed orbiter mission concept to explore the origin of planetary cores by studying the metallic asteroid 16 Psyche. This asteroid may be the exposed iron core of a protoplanet, likely the remnant of a violent collision with another object that stripped off the outer crust.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Indian-American journalist that received “Edgar A Poe award” ?
- Govt plans to infuse __________ in PSU banks ?
- ___High Court terms reservation in promotions in the State as unconstitutional ?
- Which Financial Services Company rolled out Selfie Pay app for the use of facial biometrics for payment authentication?
- Which foreign based bank announced a tie-up with Uber under which its credit cardholders across six countries would get a cash-back of up to 25 per cent for hailing cabs from the app?