- Q. - What are the currency notes would no longer be legal tender from midnight 8th November 2016 announced by the PM Narendra Modi?
Description Of This Question
Honorable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi while addressing the nation on November 8 2016, made a historical announcement that the Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 currency notes currently in use will no longer be legal tender from midnight 8th November 2016 that is these notes will not be accepted for any kind of transactions from midnight onwards. The aim behind such move is to curb corruption, black money, money laundering, terrorism creating an environment of panic. However one hundred, fifty, twenty, ten, five, two and one rupee note will remain legal tender and will not be affected by the decision.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which Indian Women’s Railways team has grabbed the title in the 33rd Indian Oil Servo Surjit Hockey Tournament at the Olympian Surjit Hockey Stadium in Jalandhar?
- Main goal of Sikh Gurdwaras (Amendment) Bill, 2016 is :-
- Which Indian actress would be honoured by the upcoming Dubai International Film Festival with a Lifetime Achievement Award?
- On which date National Deworming Day observed ?
- Which state has become the 15th state to ratify the Goods and Services Tax?