- Q. - What are the currency notes would no longer be legal tender from midnight 8th November 2016 announced by the PM Narendra Modi?
Description Of This Question
Honorable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi while addressing the nation on November 8 2016, made a historical announcement that the Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 currency notes currently in use will no longer be legal tender from midnight 8th November 2016 that is these notes will not be accepted for any kind of transactions from midnight onwards. The aim behind such move is to curb corruption, black money, money laundering, terrorism creating an environment of panic. However one hundred, fifty, twenty, ten, five, two and one rupee note will remain legal tender and will not be affected by the decision.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which telescope has detected Great Balls of Fire (GBF), a mysterious super-hot blobs of gas seen near a dying star?
- राष्ट्रीय भारतीय कांग्रेस और महात्मा गांधी की पोती के पति पूर्व राष्ट्रपति के नाम 83 की उम्र में किसक निधन हुआ?
- Unaccounted deposits in bank account above Rs 2.5 lakh between 10 November 2016 and 30 December 2016 will face a penalty of ____%
- Recently, The Intellectual Property Appellate Board (IPAB) has ordered _____based Geographical Indications Registry (GIR) to issue ‘Geographical Indication’ tag for basmati ?
- खतरे का सिग्नल लाल रंग का क्यों रखा जाता है?