- Q. - Which Laboratory’s scientists have developed a novel way of producing electricity from water at room temperature without using any power or chemicals?
Description Of This Question
Scientists from Delhi’s National Physical Laboratory (NPL) have developed a novel way of producing electricity from water at room temperature without using any power or chemicals. A team led by Dr. R.K. Kotnala used nanoporous magnesium ferrite to split water into hydronium (H3O) and hydroxide (OH) ions and used silver and zinc as electrodes to make a cell that produces electricity.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which bank has sanctioned Rs 19,702 crore loan to National Water Development Agency (NWDA) for 50 irrigation projects?
- What is the position of India among countries with the highest increase in their contribution to high-quality scientific research?
- Who is appointed as Prime Minister of Congo ?
- Which company recently announced the world’s first 5G Modem, called the Snapdragon X50 by the year of 2018?
- Which dam was chosen for the World Bank’s Award of Excellence for best utilisation of funds for renovation to enhance the strength of the dam?