- Q. - What is the new which has included by the Oxford English Dictionary which expresses emotions like irritation, disappointment etc.,?
Description Of This Question
The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) has now included “Aiyoh” and “Aiyah” in its latest addition this September. The OED does four updates every year. Like many Indian words, this one is loaded and can mean many things depending on context and tone — irritation, disgust, surprise, dismay, pain, lament, disappointment, with “aiyah” and “aiyoh” being interchangeable.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which of the following days is celebrated as ‘World Water day’?
- Prime Minister of India recently announced a special package of Rs. 200 crore for which state youth to engage youth in constructive sporting activities?
- Who Becomes 1st Solo Woman To Ride Across Mana Pass ?
- Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of ‘Haritha Keralam’ project by the Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan?
- The Ministry of AYUSH has organized the 9th Annual Meeting of International Regulatory Cooperation for Herbal Medicines (IRCH) from 8-10 November, 2016 in which city?