- Q. - What is the new which has included by the Oxford English Dictionary which expresses emotions like irritation, disappointment etc.,?
Description Of This Question
The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) has now included “Aiyoh” and “Aiyah” in its latest addition this September. The OED does four updates every year. Like many Indian words, this one is loaded and can mean many things depending on context and tone — irritation, disgust, surprise, dismay, pain, lament, disappointment, with “aiyah” and “aiyoh” being interchangeable.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Twitter India, along with website ‘India Spend’ has launched which service to enable users to get real-time information about the pollution levels in their areas with a tweet?
- Grammar of the programming is checked at which phase of compiler?
- Which bank has been conferred with “Special Award for Excellence in MSME lending” for its performance in lending to the MSME sector during the year 2013-14 and 2014-15?
- Which project has been awarded as international UNESCO Confucius Prize for literacy 2016?
- ExoMars 2016 spacecraft successfully launched by ___________ & ____________.