- Q. - What is the new which has included by the Oxford English Dictionary which expresses emotions like irritation, disappointment etc.,?
Description Of This Question
The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) has now included “Aiyoh” and “Aiyah” in its latest addition this September. The OED does four updates every year. Like many Indian words, this one is loaded and can mean many things depending on context and tone — irritation, disgust, surprise, dismay, pain, lament, disappointment, with “aiyah” and “aiyoh” being interchangeable.
Related Topics & Questions:
- In which place, Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the first edition of World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS)?
- Which shooter has bagged the Silver Medal at ISFF World Cup 2016 Final held at Bologna, Italy?
- Researchers from which state has discovered a new variety of rice seed under the head of A K Sarawgi?
- लाल बहादुर स्टेडियम में भव्य पैमाने पर ‘बतुकम्म’ के पारंपरिक त्योहार गिनीज रिकार्ड नवागंतुकों का आयोजन किस राज्य ने किया?
- Which Pakistan women’s football team striker passed away in Karachi car accident?