- Q. - Which event organized in Nashik, Thousands Take Holy Dip ?
Description Of This Question
Simhastha Kumbh Mela, the largest congregation of faith in the world, began today with the traditional ceremony of hoisting of flags and thousands of people taking a holy dip in Kushawart and Ramkund in Godavari river in the two towns.The festival, known as the largest peaceful gathering, occurs once in 12 years as per Hindu calendar and is marked by participation of ‘sadhus’ from different denominations (akhadas), and lakhs of devotees. Kumbh is also known for the religious pomp and colourful processions.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who has won the 2017 French Presidential election?
- In Which year the “All India Radio” was setup ?
- Out of the following, which place is famous for iron and steel industry
- Where did the Conference of Parties (COP) -23 under United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) begin on November 6, 2017?
- India’s first multi-modal electric vehicle project has launched in which city?