- Q. - According to World Bank Report what is the name of world’s largest public works programme ?
Description Of This Question
World Bank has ranked the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Gurantee Act (MGNREGA) as the world’s largest public works programme. It was revealed in recently released World Bank Group’s report titled ‘The State of Social Safety Nets 2015‘. Report Highlights MGNREGA (under Ministry of Rural Development) provides social security net to 182 million beneficiaries i.e. almost 15 per cent of the India’s population.
Related Topics & Questions:
- If it is possible to make only one meaningful English word with the second, the fourth, the fifth and seventh letters of the word COURTESY, using each letter only once in the word, which of the following will be the third letter of that word? If no such word can be formed, give ‘N’ as the answer and if more than one such word can be formed, give ‘M’ as the answer.
- Which is the highest civilian award of India ?
- Which state government has recently signed a MoU with Bharat Broadband Network Ltd (BBNL) to implement BharatNet?
- Which country is the world’s largest military spender, as per latest report by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI)?
- What is the theme of 2017 World Telecommunication and Information Society Day (WTISD)?