- Q. - What is the name of the ship of the Indian Navy which rescued 441 people from Yemen, including foreign nationals, to Djibouti on 5 April 2015?
Description Of This Question
INS Mumbai was berthed outside the port of Aden in southern Yemen to rescue the stranded people as situation worsened in this region. The people were ferried in small craft in batches to the waiting ship. These crafts were hired by authorities ashore for this purpose. Of the total 441 people rescued by this ship, 176 were foreign nationals from 20 other countries of Africa, Asia, Europe and North America. INS Mumbai reached Djibouti with all the rescued persons late in the evening. An important fact associated with this rescue was that even as this rescue was being undertaken heavy shelling between the warring sections was going on.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who is the first semi final match winner of ICC World Cup 2015 ?
- Which of the following ministries has decided to establish a pan-India National fingerprint database to aid in the speedy identification of criminals and investigation of crimes across the country?
- भारत के साथ न्यूयार्क में संयुक्त राष्ट्र मुख्यालय में अनुसमर्थन के अपने साधन प्रस्तुत करने से कौन सा देश की जलवायु मे परिवर्तन आया था?
- Which of the following states has become the first in India to launch e-registration of properties?
- Which country won Rugby World Cup 2015 ?