- Q. - Who has been nominated as the interim chairman of the IT major Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) recently?
Description Of This Question
Tata Sons, the largest shareholder in Tata Consultancy Services, with 73.26% stake, has removed Cyrus Mistry as the chairman of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), and nominated Mr. Ishaat Hussain as the interim chairman of the IT major with immediate effect. Mr. Hussain will remain chairman until a new person is appointed in his place. Mr. Mistry was replaced without holding any board meeting. TCS did not required to hold a board meeting to replace Mistry as Chairman because Article 90 of the company’s Articles of Association allows its majority shareholder to nominate a chairman without board resolution.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which Indian tennis star has bagged the Australian Open and Cincinnati Masters titles in women’s doubles for the second consecutive year?
- Who has been selected for the prestigious ‘Bharat Ratna Pandit Bhimsen Joshi Classical Music Award for 2015 – 2016?
- Name the Former Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister has passed away at an age of 85?
- Who is the California’s Attorney General, is on the cusp of becoming the first Indian- American Senator in the US Congress?
- Recently, Who has been appointed as Chief Justice of Bombay High Court ?