- Q. - Which component is present in the Psyche, the largest metallic asteroid in our solar system proposed by NASA?
Description Of This Question
Scientists have indicated the presence of water on Psyche, the largest metallic asteroid in our solar system and the target of a proposed NASAmission. Previous observations of Psychehad shown no evidence of water-rich minerals on its surface. However, new observations from the NASA Infrared Telescope Facility in Hawaii show evidence of water or hydroxyl on its surface. Psyche is a proposed orbiter mission concept to explore the origin of planetary cores by studying the metallic asteroid 16 Psyche. This asteroid may be the exposed iron core of a protoplanet, likely the remnant of a violent collision with another object that stripped off the outer crust.
Related Topics & Questions:
- What is the new act has came into force from October 2 in the Bihar state for creating awareness about alcohol related issues?
- At what percent, The Government has decided to raise the Employees Provident Fund ( EPF) investment in Exchange Traded Funds from 5 per cent?
- Indian-American journalist that received “Edgar A Poe award” ?
- Which fencer won her second gold medal at the International Thailand Open held at Bangkok?
- In which place, The 18th edition of World Congress of Criminology would be held in India from December 15-19?