- Q. - What are the currency notes would no longer be legal tender from midnight 8th November 2016 announced by the PM Narendra Modi?
Description Of This Question
Honorable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi while addressing the nation on November 8 2016, made a historical announcement that the Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 currency notes currently in use will no longer be legal tender from midnight 8th November 2016 that is these notes will not be accepted for any kind of transactions from midnight onwards. The aim behind such move is to curb corruption, black money, money laundering, terrorism creating an environment of panic. However one hundred, fifty, twenty, ten, five, two and one rupee note will remain legal tender and will not be affected by the decision.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which country’s Prime Minister and European Union leaders to sign a long-delayed landmark trade deal at a summit in Brussels?
- Who has inaugurated 114-km long Rameswaram-Mana Madurai routes ?
- Who has been appointed as an Additional Director (Non Executive) of Yes Bank with effect from March 05, 2016?
- Which festival would be held at the village in Dausa district, Rajsthan to promote rural tourism in the area for two days?
- The govt constituted BB Tandon Committee recently to monitor