- Q. - The number of rural households were distributed with free LPG connections under which scheme has crossed the 1 crore?
Description Of This Question
The number of rural households were distributed with free LPG connections under the Pradhan Mantri UjjwalaYojana (PMUY) has crossed the 1 crore. Under the scheme launched six months ago, each below-poverty-line rural household without LPG is being given an LPG cylinder, a stove and regulator. The NDA government’s flagship programme plans to make 5 crore rural households smoke-free during its term by offering clean cooking gas, at a cost of R.8, 000 crore. Among the states, poll-bound Uttar Pradesh has received the most with 34 lakh connections provided under PMUY.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The International Day of Charity is being observed on which date annually to promote charitable efforts made to alleviate poverty across the world?
- India has partnered with which country for the proposal to double the range of the BrahMos world’s first supersonic cruise missile ?
- Finance Ministry approves how much interest on EPF for 2015-16 ?
- किसे स्पोर्टिंग उत्कृष्टता की मान्यता के लिये वर्ष 24 में एकलव्य पुरस्कार मिला है?
- Who won T20 world cup 2016