- Q. - Name the Union Territory has became the first in the country to launch ‘Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination’ as a public health programme?
Description Of This Question
Delhi has became the first state in the country to launch ‘Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination’ as a public health programme for preventing cervical cancer among young girls. As part of the programme, girls aged between 11-13 years would be vaccinated free of cost at Delhi State Cancer Institute (DSCI) through its setups in east and west Delhi. Delhi Health Minister Satyendra Jain launched the vaccination programme on the introductory day of the International Workshop for Cancer Awareness in Delhi. The HPV vaccination programme will target girls between the age of 9 and 13 next year. “This year we are focused on vaccinating girls Class VI girl students.
Related Topics & Questions:
- कांग्रेस ने खिलाफत आन्दोलन का समर्थन मुख्यतः किसलिए किया था?
- Which Indian woman wrestler was appointed as a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) in Haryana Police by Haryana Government?
- Which city to hold the 2016 Kabaddi world cup to be held from October 7th to 22nd 2016?
- ‘Mukhya Mantri Shikshak Samman Yojana’ which aims to motivate the teachers by giving them monetary rewards was launched in which state?
- What is name of operation launched by Indian Army identifies areas and provides students with free coaching and make them participate in extra-curricular activities?