- Q. - What is the new which has included by the Oxford English Dictionary which expresses emotions like irritation, disappointment etc.,?
Description Of This Question
The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) has now included “Aiyoh” and “Aiyah” in its latest addition this September. The OED does four updates every year. Like many Indian words, this one is loaded and can mean many things depending on context and tone — irritation, disgust, surprise, dismay, pain, lament, disappointment, with “aiyah” and “aiyoh” being interchangeable.
Related Topics & Questions:
- What is the name of Oscar Winning US Actress who passed away recently ?
- Which country along with India has signed anMoU for Air Services Agreement (ASA) under the ‘open sky’ policy?
- Who has been appointed as the interim Chairman of Tata Steel after Cyrus Mistry was removed from the position on November 25 in Mumbai?
- Name the Indians has been conferred with Ramon Magsaysay Award for 2016 in Manila, Phillipines for their contributions on Music and campaigner for eradication of manual scavenging respectively?
- What is stomach acid?