- Q. - What is the new which has included by the Oxford English Dictionary which expresses emotions like irritation, disappointment etc.,?
- Click to Choose an Option, and get Answer of this Question.
Description Of This Question
The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) has now included “Aiyoh” and “Aiyah” in its latest addition this September. The OED does four updates every year. Like many Indian words, this one is loaded and can mean many things depending on context and tone — irritation, disgust, surprise, dismay, pain, lament, disappointment, with “aiyah” and “aiyoh” being interchangeable.
Related Topics & Questions:
- शुद्ध सोना कितने कैरेट का होता है?
- What is the minimum wage fixed for unskilled agricultural labour in C-class towns in central sphere by the Union Government?
- Which Indian Golfer fired an impressive 67 for a four-day total of 269 at the Bears Best Cheongna Golf Club, winning the 2016 million-won ($196,000) cash prize?
- Who has launched the Smart city Mission Projects in Pune ?
- Foundation stone laid for MSME technology center in _____ ?