- Q. - What is the new which has included by the Oxford English Dictionary which expresses emotions like irritation, disappointment etc.,?
- Click to Choose an Option, and get Answer of this Question.
Description Of This Question
The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) has now included “Aiyoh” and “Aiyah” in its latest addition this September. The OED does four updates every year. Like many Indian words, this one is loaded and can mean many things depending on context and tone — irritation, disgust, surprise, dismay, pain, lament, disappointment, with “aiyah” and “aiyoh” being interchangeable.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which place is recently added in conservation reserve for the uniqueness over 140 birds varieties?
- Who is launched pilot project of e-complaint system ?
- Name the disease caused due to tiny magnetic particles from air pollution lodged in human brains and discovered by researchers at Lancaster University?
- Who has launched Asia’s Biggest Telescope ?
- Which Indian-American in US named to 2016 class of the ‘Jerger Future Leaders of Audiology?