- Q. - What is the new which has included by the Oxford English Dictionary which expresses emotions like irritation, disappointment etc.,?
- Click to Choose an Option, and get Answer of this Question.
Description Of This Question
The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) has now included “Aiyoh” and “Aiyah” in its latest addition this September. The OED does four updates every year. Like many Indian words, this one is loaded and can mean many things depending on context and tone — irritation, disgust, surprise, dismay, pain, lament, disappointment, with “aiyah” and “aiyoh” being interchangeable.
Related Topics & Questions:
- What is the name of Former Director of Israel’s intelligence agency Mossad who passed away recently ?
- What is the name of the seventh edition Global Sports Summit, organized by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)?
- लाल बहादुर स्टेडियम में भव्य पैमाने पर ‘बतुकम्म’ के पारंपरिक त्योहार गिनीज रिकार्ड नवागंतुकों का आयोजन किस राज्य ने किया?
- Which brand is topped in the India’s most attractive brands index 2016 study carried out by Trust Research Advisory (TRA)?
- Which company has entered into a joint venture with the Saudi Prerogative Company to offer IT services in the middle eastern country?