- Q. - Who has been appointed as the President of World Bank?
- Click to Choose an Option, and get Answer of this Question.
Description Of This Question
World Bank President Jim Yong Kim effectively won a second five-year term after nominations to lead the global development bank no other candidates proposed. Kim, who was Korean-American medical doctor had focused the World Bank on programs to reduce extreme poverty, earned solid backing for a second term from the United States, France, Germany, China, and other major shareholders of the bank. The US is the World Bank’s largest shareholder.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Ministry of HUPA and Common Services Centre e-Governance Services India Limited of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology signed an (MoU) for enabling online submission of applications under which scheme?
- Which state has become the 15th state to ratify the Goods and Services Tax?
- Which Airport Terminal 3 has achieved “Platinum” rating from Indian Green Building Council?
- Recently, The Government today banned duty – free import of capital goods for power generation and transmission projects under the EPCG Scheme. EPCG stands for ?
- At what percent, The Government has decided to raise the Employees Provident Fund ( EPF) investment in Exchange Traded Funds from 5 per cent?