- Q. - What is the name of the ship of the Indian Navy which rescued 441 people from Yemen, including foreign nationals, to Djibouti on 5 April 2015?
- Click to Choose an Option, and get Answer of this Question.
Description Of This Question
INS Mumbai was berthed outside the port of Aden in southern Yemen to rescue the stranded people as situation worsened in this region. The people were ferried in small craft in batches to the waiting ship. These crafts were hired by authorities ashore for this purpose. Of the total 441 people rescued by this ship, 176 were foreign nationals from 20 other countries of Africa, Asia, Europe and North America. INS Mumbai reached Djibouti with all the rescued persons late in the evening. An important fact associated with this rescue was that even as this rescue was being undertaken heavy shelling between the warring sections was going on.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who has become first Indian woman ranked world no. 1 in Badminton?
- Religious practice of Santhara (Sullekhana) is related with which community?
- Who among the following has been elected as president of KASSIA?
- Book titled as “Faces and Places” has been written by
- Who relaxed Change in Ownership Norms of Borrowing Entities ?