- Q. - What is the code name given to the operation to rescue Indians stranded in Yemen being undertaken which involves Indian Navy, Indian Air Force and Air India as major partners?
- Click to Choose an Option, and get Answer of this Question.
Description Of This Question
Operation Rahat was initiated during April 2015 with the objective rescuing thousands of Indian stranded in Yemen after the war between Houthi rebels and forces led by Saudi Arabia escalated. This operation primarily involves 2 naval ships – INS Mumbai (warship) and INS Sumitra (patrol vessel) apart from logistics support from M V Kawarati and M V Coral. Indian Air Force has deployed its state-of-the-art C-17 Globemaster transport aircrafts to airlift stranded Indians from Djibouti, the African country across the Red Sea. Air India contributed to this mission by lifting passengers directly from Yemeni capital Sana’a. Ministry of External Affairs and Ministry of Defence are playing major part in this mission.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Minimum daily wage for workers increased by ?
- World Antibiotic Awareness Week launched by WHO during which period ?
- Who among the following is an India-American professor to have been awarded the 2015 Global Confederation for Higher Education Associations for Agriculture and Life Sciences World Agriculture Prize laureate?
- Who appointed as Delhi’s new Home Secretary ?
- 2nd World Congress on Disaster Management held at which place ?